Logistics Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp القاهرة
Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp القاهرة urgently required following position for Logistics Clerk. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Clerk Jobs Vacancy in Activeunited Nations Development Programme Undp القاهرة Jobs Details:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative Officer and Head of Office, the driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work. The driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver provides driving services for official work to the all staff in the OCHA Egypt Office, Consultants, Experts and UN Staff/guests on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UN personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required;
- Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle, cleanliness, and regular checking of the vehicle parts;
- Maintain the vehicle logbook properly filled out with fleet information as well as invoices for fuel and maintenance of the vehicle and making sure it is signed by the authorizing officer;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, washing of the vehicle, performs minor repairs by self and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is ready for use;
- Report immediately to office and supervisor for any accident, mechanical failure occurring during a trip in or outside the city;
- Keep records use of vehicle daily mileage trips, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Use radio communication and carry out tasks as directed by the supervisor and shall remain vigilant and professional all the time on duty;
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Full compliance with implementation of all security measures for the passengers and the vehicle during all the trips regardless of the location, destination and distance of travel.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Good Interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Remains calm, flexible, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Organization of travel including raising of TAs and expense reports in UMOJA, purchase of tickets through designated travel agents.
- Logistic arrangement for Visa, custom clearance of shipments and liaison with MOFA.
- Assist staff for security clearance and other logistic arrangements needed for the official trip.
- Assist for booking of the hotel and meeting facilities, conference hall for official retreats and events.
- Receive and manage pouch and courier services
- Monitor to ensure adequate office supplies.
- Assist in the procurement process for raising purchase requests and obtaining quotes.
- Receive, inspect and verify all received goods.
- Focal for storage and office stationery, supplies and inventory management.
- Assist in the physical verification of assets by checking the accuracy of records and location of property.
- Supervision/ monitoring of cleaners and maintenance of the office building premise.
- Any other duties assigned on time to time by the supervisor.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol (for Drivers)
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues (for Drivers)
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
Required Skills and Experience
Secondary Education. Valid authorized driving license for LMV from the Government of Egypt.
Minimum 4 year’s work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills of minor repair. Experience for working with an International organization is desirable.
Fluency in English and Arabic is strongly required.