Assistant Technician Department Architecture Engineering School Science And Jobs Vacancy in The American University Cairo القاهرة
- Assistant Technician Department Architecture Engineering School Science And
- The American University Cairo
- القاهرة C
- 09 Jan, 2018 30+ days ago
The American University Cairo القاهرة urgently required following position for Assistant Technician Department Architecture Engineering School Science And. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Technician Department Architecture Engineering School Science And Jobs Vacancy in The American University Cairo القاهرة Jobs Details:
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager and Department Chair, Department of Architecture Engineering
Purpose: The technician is expected to manage and maintain the department labs, including the digital fabrication and building sciences lab. Duties include, preparation of testing samples, assist in the lab procedures and experiments, and help in the up-keep and organization of both labs. Have good command with electro-mechanical lab work and maintenance needs. A good working knowledge of basic computer applications and English is preferred. He should demonstrate an ability to positively respond to inquiries on conventional experimental work such as the ones for students’ projects. He is responsible for assisting in preparing labs, lab equipment and materials and making repair jobs.
- Conduct experiments according to the assigned standards in lab for teaching, research and service.
- Responsible for soundness of lab facilities and equipment.
- Operate lab equipment.
- Perform regular maintenance and repair for equipment and machines.
- Supervise and follow up work by other for maintenance and repair of equipment and machines.
- Responsible for helping faculty, TAs, and RAs and students in performing lab related activities.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of the inventory and materials used by faculty, TAs, RAs and students in lab.
- Keep and working log for the lab equipment.
- Responsible for lab order and cleanness.
- Abide with work safety measures.
- Endorse university policy on ethical conduct and academic integrity.
- Efficiently use of lab facilities and minimizing waste of materials.
- Carry out any additional tasks for the department as assigned by the technical operations manager.
- Efficiently respond to frequent interruptions, calls and inquiries; and occasional emergency or crisis situations.
- Work in variable work hours, including evenings and weekends as instructed by the technical operations manager.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate verbally.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift or move up to 12 kilos and occasionally lift or move up to 25 kilos.
- Duties require close, distance, color and peripheral vision; depth perception; and ability to focus.
Minimum Education Requirement : Intermediate diploma (two years diploma after secondary school)
Experience : Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good command of English language.
- Good knowledge of English terminology within technical field.
- Technical proficiency.
- Honest and trustworthy.
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com , stating “ 50016452 Assistant Technician ” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."