Cath Lab Manager Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic
Medtronic urgently required following position for Cath Lab Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cath Lab Manager Jobs Vacancy in Medtronic Jobs Details:
Integrated Health Solutions (IHS) team members are seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as breadth of experience across multiple disciplines. They are able to partner with hospital management teams to drive complex transformational change, implement innovative growth strategies, streamline patient-focused care pathways and run and optimize operations.
IHS has closed a strategic partnership with Maadi group, based in Cairo and Aswan, Egypt, for the provision of Catheter Lab Managed Services (CLMS). Whereas Maadi as healthcare provider will perform and take full responsibility for all clinical activities and patient care, IHS does not get involved in any clinical activities, but assumes responsibility for the operational activities and performance of the provided services. Besides running day-to-day operations (including material management, capacity management, equipment management), IHS will provide consultancy services to drive improvements in Operational Excellence, improve Quality and enhance patient access with specific Develop programs.
One dedicated full-time IHS resources will be deployed at each Maadi site (1x Cairo and 1x Aswan):
A Cath Lab Manager, who is overall responsible for the IHS services provided, operational account management, Material Management activities; other name for this position is “Service Manager”.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The post holder will report to Service Delivery Lead IHS MEACAT and will have responsibility for ensuring that the managed services to Maadi meets the required standard of service delivery.
- The Cath Lab Manager is a seasoned professionals with in-depth knowledge of the healthcare value chain, as well as a breadth of experience within their specialty.
- The Cath Lab Manager is expected to provide professional leadership and effective management of the Managed Service.
- The Cath Lab Manager is in charge of the operations and accountable for the performance delivered and will drive client performance management and team management/coaching.
- One of the two Cath Lab Managers to be deployed will act as Account Service Delivery Lead (first point of contact for Maadi management for operational account management matters).
- The post holder will promote exemplary clinical standards, high levels of efficiency in all areas, motivated local staff teams and highly satisfied patients for IHS within the Service.
- The Cath Lab Manager will partner with the client, IHS MEACAT Service Delivery Lead, IHS Egypt Sr Business Manager and IHS Capabilities to drive operational performance, implement growth strategies, streamline patient and therapy focused care pathways,
- He/she will influence key stakeholders by developing well-articulated situation analysis and business case for change, establish road-map and develop actionable plans for immediate improvement and costs savings within the Cath Lab, drive implementation, coach and develop local project or staff resources.
- The Cath Lab Manager will perform required material management activities, including material handling, ordering, inventory management, reporting and analysis (in absence of a dedicated Material Coordinator, the Cath Lab manager therefore has a hybrid role).
MAIN JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Professional Standards and Leadership
- Implement and maintain best Cath Lab practices, ensuring exemplary clinical standards and excellent operational service delivery; develop and support business initiatives, policies and strategies which insure the delivery of high quality treatment and care within all facilities.
- Encourage and initiate participation in audit and service evaluation by client staff members.
- Responsible for efficient and effective operation of the services and department.
- A key stakeholder for operational excellence and efficiency programs.
- Responsible for Servicing and maintenance of capital and non-capital equipment contracts.
- Responsible for performing all local Material Management services
Service Development Programs
- Work with IHS Consultants in coordinating the launch of operational excellence and continuous improvement programs and service development initiatives with the Hospital.
- Work with IHS Consultants to facilitate service growth within the local commissioning constraints, requirements and infrastructure.
- Maintain and implement workforce plans including team and individual goals and objectives, where applicable (if agreed with the client).
- Ensure that training needs are identified, so training can be provided in all relevant areas.
Budget and system management
- Monitor the work and use of resources of the facility, collect required information, prepare analyses and provide reporting to the client, IHS MEACAT Service Delivery Lead and IHS Egypt leadership about the activities, operational and financial performance delivered.
- Ensure Corrective and Preventative Actions are in place and forms part of the measurement and reporting process for Key Performance Indicators (KPI); ensure all contractual KPIs are met.
Health, Safety and Risk
- Ensure good health and safety practice applies throughout the department for staff and visitor training, including radiation safety monitoring.
- Responsible for monitoring, reporting and responding to, adverse incidents, patient complaints and Never Events and for following all relevant hospital protocols.
- Perform all required Material Management activities, including:
o Analysis and Reporting: Run all ad-hoc and standard reporting as required by IHS Service Delivery Lead, IHS Finance and IHS Back-office. Create and manage activity logs, error logs, Digital Platform report and where required manually generated reporting based on analyses of collected data from various sources. Provide monthly Operational performance reporting and input for Quarterly Install-base reporting. Follow up on performance issues and provide feedback information to back-office, IHS on-site staff, hospital and suppliers.
o Material Management Subject Matter Expert: Become an expert user of ‘Digital Platform’ and the local point of contact for all related issues and enquires.
o Material Handling: Receive materials on-site according to specified goods receipt procedures using barcode scanning. Transfer goods to IHS depot on-site and ensure storage is done according to Good Storage Practices. Replenishment of shelves and cabinets in the Cath Lab, ensuring availability of stock in the right quantity at the right location. Collect and process/dispose packaging material of packaging material as required. Work with hospital logistics/warehousing team and suppliers logistics providers as required.
o Oversight of material consumption: Responsible for daily accurate recording of material consumption and validation of procedures
o Procedure Audit: Perform regular procedure audits to ensure accurate traceability, system and physical inventory records and complete consumption recording.
o Returns Management: Main point of contact and organize returns to all suppliers through agreed processes, liaise with back-office, suppliers and manage IHS and hospital expectations around this.
o Obsolescence & short Use By Date (UBD) Management: Monitor and implement initiatives to decrease the obsolescence risk to the hospital solution portfolio, Manage PAR Level (min/max inventory levels). Use KPI’s to track Slow-moving, Obsolete, Gains & Losses.
o Support product planning: Partner with IHS back-office, Medtronic BU’s and Supplier Sales team to review stock levels in regards to new product launches, initial ordering, master-data setup. Provide periodic material demand forecasts to suppliers based on historic and projected consumption.
o Define order requests: Define required order quantity and place requests at back-office. Follow order to actual receipt and back-order management together with back-office.
o Process Improvements: Execute local process improvement initiatives to manage expectations of all parties involved in operations. (Service Delivery Suppliers, back-office, hospital). Review all current processes, update, create and document, in-line with current IHS standard operating processes and submit as a template for future projects.
- Educated to Degree Level
- Fluent in English; Arabic and any other MEA region language is an added advantage.
- Previous management experience necessary in a Cath Lab environment.
- A proven record of success in managing significant operational/strategic change whilst developing and maintaining the provision of a high quality service.
- Experience of budget control, audit process and quality is preferred.
- Excellent partnering and collaboration skills. Ability to interact with multinational employees on different hierarchy levels. Ability to manage, motivate, support, develop and lead a department.
- Project management, and leading to results through influence.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively at all levels.
- The post holder will be based at the Maadi center in Cairo or Aswan.
- Additionally occasional travel might be required in support of other managed Cath labs operations/projects across the country. Travel will be max 25%.