Spa Director Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc القاهرة
Marriott International Inc القاهرة urgently required following position for Spa Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Spa Director Jobs Vacancy in Marriott International Inc القاهرة Jobs Details:
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Education and Experience
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the spa, guest services, front desk, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Identifies and recommends new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
- Creates and coordinating special services for groups including group gifting programs, group amenities, group turndown gifts, letters and invitations, creating special spa services for specific groups and spa contract addendum negotiation.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control, including uniforms.
- Monitors the spa's actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
- Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, plants, decorations and paper supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Providing and Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Investigates reports and follows-up on guest incidents.
- Ensures corrective measures are implemented to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews and hires management and hourly employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Assists employees based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations and abilities.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and Ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Strives to improve employee retention.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures property policing are administered fairly and consistently.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supporting the Peer Review Process.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicating expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.