Associate Banker Financial Institutions Team Jobs Vacancy in Ebrd القاهرة
Ebrd القاهرة urgently required following position for Associate Banker Financial Institutions Team. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Associate Banker Financial Institutions Team Jobs Vacancy in Ebrd القاهرة Jobs Details:
The project life-cycle involves several stages from origination to signing, followed by implementation and monitoring until full completion and repayment or exit. All the stages involve different tasks such as business marketing, project due diligence analysis, structuring and approval, negotiation and signing of project agreements, disbursement and monitoring.
- The role of the Associate Banker is to contribute, as a project team member, to the structuring, implementation and monitoring of debt and equity transactions in the Financial Institutions sector in Egypt, and their effective implementation and monitoring in line with the Bank’s operational objectives.
- Under the guidance of the operation leader and/or more senior bankers, the Associate Banker performs those tasks assigned to him/her. The Associate Banker may also co-ordinate the work of more junior team members and interacts with internal and external counterparts as required.
- The Associate Banker contributes to all phases of the project cycle, including project origination, structuring, execution, implementation and monitoring in the Financial Institutions sector in Egypt.
- The Associate Banker will take responsibility for those tasks assigned to him/her by the Operation Leader, which may include undertaking comprehensive due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance, as well as effective post-signing implementation and monitoring.
- The Associate Banker generally carries out these tasks as part of a project team under the guidance of an operation leader or under the supervision/guidance of more senior bankers or the Team Director. As the Associate Banker gains experience he/she may be expected to take on the role of Operation Leader under the supervision of more senior bankers.
The Associate Banker role may also include elements of business/pipeline development, client management and policy dialogue in Egypt.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the operation leader or a more senior banker:
Structuring and Execution
- Work as a project team member on Financial Institutions sector transactions in Egypt, contributing to all aspects of project structuring and execution, including working with client counterparts, consultants and other parties to progress the project;
- Be the primary driver of the scope and quality of project due diligence, including financial, market, integrity and EBRD policy compliance;
- Prepare internal project documentation, including approval project memoranda, financial models, draft term sheets, presentations, etc. as and when required;
- Take responsibility, as Technical Co-operation (“TC”) operation leader, to design and process TC assistance, ensuring that TC processing and approval fits with the approval schedule of any related investment project or the related policy dialogue initiative;
- Ensure that all tasks within his/her are completed within the specified time frames to a high standard and in line with the policies, procedures and objectives of the Bank.
- Take responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of all Financial Institutions projects in Egypt to which the Associate Banker is assigned, including compliance with project agreements and Bank procedures related to disbursement; monitoring of progress of the project implementation and financial performance of the client; assessing evolving risk factors and monitoring and assessing covenant compliance, in the case of more senior Associates they may become the OL for the project once it is in implementation and/or monitoring phase;
- Prepare timely and comprehensive monitoring reports and include recommendations for corrective actions where required and ensure these proposed corrective actions and recommendations are brought to the attention of more senior team members;
- As TC operation leader, ensure effective implementation and monitoring of TC assignments to ensure their compliance with donor reporting requirements, operational objectives and that all reports are of a high quality;
- As a project team member perform all such tasks as may be assigned by the operation leader and provide constructive advice, guidance and supervision to more junior members of the project team.
- Assist, as required, with marketing and business development efforts for the Financial Institutions business in Egypt.
Qualifications & Skills / Experience & Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience in the areas of expertise.
- Professional qualification such as ACA, CFA, ACCA, or CIMA desirable.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills are critical with the ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models.
- Prior experience of working on Financial Institutions transactions and/or analysis, particularly in the Egyptian market, is an advantage.
- Credit analysis skills, with the ability to interpret accounts, understanding local and international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis.
- Computer literacy, conversant with Microsoft Office and spread sheet packages including financial analysis and modelling modules.
- Excellent understanding of relevant systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant financial industry experience from an investment or commercial bank, private equity firm, asset management firm, or auditing/financial consulting firm operating to international standards.
- Practical experience of participating in transactions through the full project life cycle.
- Exposure to industry/country experience.
Job Segment: Bank, Banking, Banker, Financial, Equity, Finance