Local Buying Manager Jobs Vacancy in Landmark Group القاهرة
Landmark Group القاهرة urgently required following position for Local Buying Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Local Buying Manager Jobs Vacancy in Landmark Group القاهرة Jobs Details:
DO — Key Responsibilities
Buying Budget and Planning
§ Understand concept local needs to design action plan accordingly.
§ Source for local suppliers needed to produce local items according to business needs.
§ Negotiate price, quality, and quantities with suppliers, to ensure delivery within quality and timeliness.
§ Monitor, support, train, motivate and appraise subordinates to ensure high level of performance.
§ Coordinate with finance terms and conditions of suppliers payments to ensure alignment.
§ Monitor stock of local items to generate reports needed to reflect current status to be submitted to management to take proper action.
§ Determine buying requirements and formulate buying plan and budget for the assigned department/category
§ Help meet the profit targets by ensuring timely procurement of the department/category Merchandise
§ Pursue cost reduction measures through centralized bulk buying and/ or selecting appropriate vendor mix, scanning the environment for benchmarks and constantly improving the purchase process
- Develop an adequate vendor base for the concept through active couting and negotiation / renegotiation
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers and negotiate the best deals with them for procuring merchandise
- Maintain contact with vendors; update list of vendors for bidding purposes; attend product demonstrations, obtain samples and literature regarding potential products and vendor capabilities and confer with end users
- Identify, evaluate and select appropriate vendor mix to achieve business objectives
- Place orders based on the buying plan and ensure merchandise is delivered as per the plan based on the agreed service level agreement
- Implement financial and credit services agreement with the vendor that maximize profit and positively contribute to cash flow
- Track the merchandise transportation from supplier to Warehouse to ensure smooth flow of goods
- Follow the reverse logistics guidelines to send the faulty / damaged goods back to the vendor
Vendor and Product Research
- Identify and leverage alternate buying opportunities to source products and to ensure that company maintains its competitive edge by constant renegotiation
- Ensure effective communication, collation and follow-up on various product requirements and findings obtained from the sales/store data
- Keep abreast of the latest trends in buying and discuss the same with the department/category Manager from time to time to assess realignment of existing processes
- Gather information from Industry trade groups or through trade shows/market visits
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- retail industry in buying and merchandising role: 6 years
- English and Arabic